12.02.2007

A Sad Day In Minnesota Hockey



It's funny; I've been away from my blog for almost two weeks now. In that time there was turkey bingo, Thanksgiving, black Friday shopping and loads of other stuff worth sharing and yet I was just to lazy. But today, as I watched the Minnesota Wild's Wes Walz retire I was drawn to post something.

Walz was never the greatest player but damn he was consistent and he had a bigger heart than anybody. Every game he came to play and he played hard. Constantly put up against the big lines and the big guys he pushed himself to be better than the last game. He always seemed to have a smile on his face and an appreciation for the fact he was getting paid to play hockey. And now, he retires. I'll miss cheering for him at the games and watching him do what he does but all good things must come to an end.

I had the chance to talk to Walz for a minute one day while he autographed a picture for me, what a nice, genuine guy.

Goodbye Wes, we'll certainly miss you.

1 comment:

  1. This is a perfect blog post =) Yeah Walz!

    ReplyDelete